5 Best Cordless Electric ChainSaw 2020- Practical for pruning, but also for cutting a tree trunk, a good electric chainsaw is an essential tool for any gardening enthusiast. An electric chainsaw is a powerful tool that makes it easier to prune (check Steel Blade Tree Pruner), cut tree trunks, and logs. Quick and easy to use, it is ideal for both garden maintenance and firewood cutting. The electric chainsaw consists of a chain equipped with ultra-sharp teeth located around support called “guide”.
There are usually 3 types of electric chainsaws, pruning perch, chain saw, and felling saw. Some models are equipped with a battery for wireless use.
Table of Contents
Evaluation criteria for electric chainsaws
Not any electric chainsaw is a good one, The best electric chainsaw has several common qualities and features. One of the basic features the main reason why people choose the electric option is the fact that it is lightweight. Therefore, the best options should be as light as possible, although not so light as to affect the stability of the machine.
- The cutting efficiency takes into account the behavior and the cutting speed of the chainsaw. But also the quality of cutting: it is important that the chainsaw does not hurt too much the branch to cut. Especially with fragile fruit trees.
- The comfort of use highlights the ease of handling, noise, and any vibrations generated. The maneuverability and the good balance of the machine are also important criteria. Security is verified as well.
- The ergonomics concern the shape of the switches and the tension knobs of the tension of chain and their flexibility of use, the design of the handles, and their packing of anti-skid material.
- The settings include all that is the preparation of the chainsaw: access and installation of the chain guide, the tension of the chain. The ease or not of filling the oil tank is also part of it.
- Safety: The topmost chainsaws come with extra safety precautions for the elimination of injuries that result from kickbacks. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistics, approximately 36 thousand people are treated every year in emergency rooms for chainsaw injuries.
- The price of chainsaw: the cost is an important point of consideration. The cost of all the better alternatives available in the market must be considered and the chainsaw with essential features and reasonably priced must be selected.
5 Best Cordless Electric ChainSaw 2020 list
The Best Electric Chainsaw- Top 10 Reviews for 2020.
1. Black and Decker Cordless Chainsaw20v, 10-Inch Review
The Best Cordless Electric Chainsaw
Check Video Demo
The Cordless Black & Decker LCS1020B 20V opens our selection of the Top 5 Best Electric Chainsaws 2020 with the perfect combination of efficiency and ease of use. You can count on its more powerful 1800 W engine for enhanced performance. Its guide of 35 cm help also contributes greatly to the very good quality of cut offered by this machine.
- 10” bar length
- Oregon blade 20V MAX Lithium-ion battery
- Lubrication system
- Tool-less tensioning
- 50 ml reservoir capacity
- Oil level indicator
- Guards for the rear and front handles
If you are not a corded chainsaw enthusiast, then a cordless power saw could be your answer. One of the best cordless chainsaws is the Black+Decker LCS1020B with its 10 inches long bar. It is an ideal choice for dealing with light trimming jobs on your property.
This 20-volt marvel electric chainsaw from Black & Decker has gained quite a name for itself. The Black & Decker LCS1020B is one of the latest in the company’s lineup and is great for garden and light- to medium-duty cutting tasks (mainly live branches, green logs, and dry wood).
This electric chainsaw boasts of an established power tool manufacturer, which adds to its popularity. The little versatile saw tool is easy to maintain and use tools for light-duty tree limb pruning. High maneuverability and portability mean you can also bring it along during camping.
It would be a great asset when preparing firewood or clearing bushes around your tent. With the 10” Oregon bar, cutting through tree branches of that size requires prolonged usage that drains the battery. Therefore, this limits pruning to between 5 and 6 inches’ thick pieces of wood.
Tension adjustment is made without any tools by simply turning the adjustment knob. Similarly, the chainsaw automatically lubricates itself so long as you keep the oiling reservoir filled with lube oil. A bale rear handle wraps around the operator’s hands, ensuring utter comfort.
Weighing in at about 7.2 pounds, this chainsaw is as light as it can get. Therefore, you can use it for both pruning and sawing off tree branches that fall during storms without being fatigued. All in all, this chainsaw is only meant for light-duty and has infrequent problems with the oiler.
Simple to tighten and loosen the chain
Starts in a single button press
Excellent maneuverability in tight spaces
- Only meant for light jobs
- You still have to check the chain tension regularly
- Oiler develops routine problems
2. WORX WG304.1 Corded Electric ChainSaw 18-Inch 4 15.0 Amp Review
The Worx WG304.1 is a corded budget-friendly electric chainsaw fitted with an 18” long chain bar. It is packed with a range of features to ease your sawing necessities. For starters, this Corded electric chainsaw has an auto-tensioner.
|Chainsaw Dimensions LxWxH||20.6 x 14.6 x 8.1 inches|
|Chainsaw Brand / Company||WORX|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Chainsaw Weight||11.3 Pounds|
Short Video Review
- Easy to start in any weather/condition
- Comfortable ergonomic rubber rear handle
- Chain brake brings it to a stop is a couple of seconds
- Lessened operator work by auto-tensioner and oiler
- Prolonged chain and bar life
- Relatively quiet
- Evenly balanced
- Tension adjusting knob loosens after a while
- Auto-oiler uses a lot of oil
- Not suitable for detailed carving with the tip
3. Oregon CS1500 18 inches. 15 Amp Self-Sharpening Corded Electric Chainsaw Review
The Oregon CS1500 18 inches is a corded electric chainsaw that features a range of unique chainsaw designs. Of all the features, the most notable difference between this product and other electric chainsaws is its sharpening system within three seconds you can sharp the Oregon CS1500 chain. This unique design kind of sets it apart from others.
The Oregon CS1500 electric chainsaw has a PowerSharp sharpening system that reduces downtime. When the chain gets dull, all an operator does is pull on the PowerSharp lever for between 3 and 5 seconds. Afterward, the chain operators will feel like the chain is new while you are still on the job site.
|Oregon CS1500 Dimensions LxWxH||18 x 37.5 x 10.5 inches|
|Brand or Company||Oregon|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Oregon CS1500 Weight||12.6 Pounds|
As an electric chainsaw, it starts in an instant by the simple pull of a trigger. Pulling the trigger brings to life the 15-amp motor that in turn drives the chain over the 18” long chain guide. These specifications allow you to cut fast at a reduced risk of chain kickbacks.
A tensioning system that requires you not to use any tools adds to the overall convenience of the Oregon 603352. Also, the ergonomic design is incorporated into the saw to make it lightweight. This design reduces fatigue levels in case of prolonged usage.
However, since the motor is mounted on one side, chainsaw balance is compromised hence making cutting awkward.
- Self-sharpening feature eradicates sharpening downtime
- Handles largely sized tree diameters
- Low vibrations
- Minimal noise during cuts and silence between cuts
- Well balanced
- Sure-grip handle
- Excellent clutch safety feature
- Convenient oiler and tensioner
- Low consumption of lubrication oil puts the chain at risk of damage
- The motor location offsets the balance at times
- Chips accumulate on the lube reservoir cap
|DEWALT cordless chainsaw kit Dimensions LxWxH||25 x 9 x 9 inches|
|Brand / Company||DEWALT|
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
|DEWALT cordless chainsaw kit Weight||8.8 Pounds|
Both the Oregon chain and bar have low kickback, suiting the tool for the outdoor and opening roughing applications. The fact that you can adjust the chain tension without using any tools adds to the overall ease of use. A tightening knob is provided to adjust the clamping on the bar for the appropriate tensioning. It features a sturdy design to handle the outdoor and construction extremities. It does so while still remaining agile because of its low weight. The user remains in total control of the chainsaw at all times. Since its motor is brushless, it draws conservative power while also prolonging motor life. The DEWALT DCCS620P1 cordless chainsaw kit is a versatile set of chainsaw equipment that are great additions to your power tools. This chainsaw has a 12” long chain bar guide that makes it suitable for some different applications such as cutting beams, doing demolitions, and taming aggressive tree limbs.
Check it on Amazon
The 20V MAX Lithium-ion battery is compatible with other DEWALT tools that run on this battery type. Therefore, if you already own any of these tools, then you do not have to buy this kit. It saves you a good amount of money. Additionally, you can use the same battery for an array of DEWALT tools.
I propose you to get right into the heart of the matter by showing you my top 10 of the best electric chainsaws of 2020. You will find necessarily a good electric model made for you in this selection, whatever your budget!
5. Makita UC4051A 16″ Electric Chain Saw – Review
Makita is known to take their electric chainsaws through a rigorous testing and inspection process before each exits the production line. To an extent, this is re-assuring on the quality of the product you will be buying.
Additionally, buyers get a money-back guarantee within a 30-day period of purchasing the tool as confidence in its performance.
The Makita electric chainsaw comes with user-friendly features for an exemplary user experience. A design engineered for carrying out fast cuts saves you time and energy. On top of this, as an electric chainsaw, maintenance costs are kept as low as possible.
Another unique feature that prolongs tool life is the inclusion of a current limiter within the motor. This features works by reducing how much current the motor draws, especially when the chainsaw is overloaded.
In this way, the motor does not burn out as the current is kept to within permissible levels. Elsewhere, a large-sized trigger switch features a soft motor startup.
With the automatic oiling system in place, you should frequently check the oil level to ensure that it doesn’t run out mid-operation. The see-through aids you in this checking. At the base of the bar is a spiked bumper for stabilizing the chainsaw when cutting. Apart from the messy oiling system that spills oil often, this tool is a great piece.
- Fast cutting
- Current limiter averts motor burnout
- Comfortable to use
- High endurance
- Incredibly easy to check the oil level
- Electric chain brake reduces the probability of injuries
- Metal spike bars increases the cut quality
- Retains the sharpness for long
- Great for cross cuts
- Not so good at planking of wood
- Frequent oil leaks
Check it on amazon
How we test the chainsaws
To find The 5 Best Cordless Electric ChainSaw 2020, all-electric chainsaws were tested on hard and dry wooden logs (acacia and plane tree) of different diameters up to 25 cm. The logs were placed on a log easel for stable and secure work and then cut into small pieces. This helped to highlight the speed of cutting (quite close to one machine to another), endurance, and possible rebound effects. A pruning and branch cleaning test was then carried out to obtain indications on the handling of each chainsaw and their ease of use.